"Darkness and Light" is the title of a documentary on the artistic life of the greatest master of portraits by Richard Avedon.
The magic of his shots stems from the subject's personality. A concept for nothing trivial. All portraits and we all believe it's wonderful, chasing perfection technology and forgetting that, beyond the shot, the portrait is true when the main character expresses himself, regardless of the pose, shake-error, by the light.
The photo place is what I think: This portrait of Marilyn is wonderful, not because Avedon was flawless in execution (though it was ovviamnete!), But why did speak Marilyn, unwittingly, its dark side no one had ever photographed. The question is: who cares what a sad Marilyn?
Marilyn had to smile and provoke, and is thus in our imagination. But that is the portrait of a character, a dream. This is a portrait of Marilyn, a woman. Avedon has seen. And this is the Art.
E 'between the portraits and I like that move me.
If you are curious to know more about Avedon and on his way to photograph I recommend the documentary Darkness and Light (I did not find the translated version in Italian, but exists, even if in reduced form).
soon,
Ale
The magic of his shots stems from the subject's personality. A concept for nothing trivial. All portraits and we all believe it's wonderful, chasing perfection technology and forgetting that, beyond the shot, the portrait is true when the main character expresses himself, regardless of the pose, shake-error, by the light.
The photo place is what I think: This portrait of Marilyn is wonderful, not because Avedon was flawless in execution (though it was ovviamnete!), But why did speak Marilyn, unwittingly, its dark side no one had ever photographed. The question is: who cares what a sad Marilyn?
Marilyn had to smile and provoke, and is thus in our imagination. But that is the portrait of a character, a dream. This is a portrait of Marilyn, a woman. Avedon has seen. And this is the Art.
E 'between the portraits and I like that move me.
If you are curious to know more about Avedon and on his way to photograph I recommend the documentary Darkness and Light (I did not find the translated version in Italian, but exists, even if in reduced form).
soon,
Ale
0 comments:
Post a Comment